The award nomination period is now closed.
Each year the Mayor of the City of Baltimore joins with the Greater Baltimore Committee and the Baltimore Development Corporation to recognize businesses that have demonstrated significant leadership and service to improve the quality of life in Baltimore. We invite you to nominate your company or another deserving company for the 2021 Mayor’s Business Recognition Award.
The awards are given for specific activities or projects between June 1, 2020, and September 30, 2021, that have significantly benefited Baltimore City and are outside the regular mission or day-to-day work or activities of the business.
Here are some examples from last year’s winners:
- Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting. Accenture coordinated Hour of Code programs for 5,300 Baltimore City public school students from 37 schools, conducting a total of 175 sessions. Accenture’s Hour of Code program gives students of all ages at Baltimore City Public Schools exposure to basic coding skills — in a fun way — through tutorials ranging from coding a dance party to Minecraft, Moana and Star Wars coding activities.
- Heritage Financial Consultants created Operation PB&J (peanut butter and jelly) to provide sandwiches to the Manna House, a non-profit that provides the homeless and needy of Baltimore City with assistance and support to move toward independence and stability.
- Lord Baltimore Hotel served as a partner for the Baltimore City Triage Support Center by providing triage, respite and isolation services to 591 COVID-19 positive residents and their families.
Please take a moment to consider nominating your company or another deserving company to be honored for its work to improve the quality of life in our community. Self nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please submit all nominations by close of business October 1, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Byrd, Director of Events and Business Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 46th Annual Mayor’s Business Achievement Awards Winners [Photos]
- 46th Annual Mayor’s Business Recognition Awards Recipients
- 2021 Bridging the Gap Achievement Awards Form