The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program, hosted in Baltimore in partnership with the Community College of Baltimore County, John Hopkins University and Morgan State University, is accepting applications for its next cohort. Applications are due on January 8, 2018.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses – Baltimore is a program for small businesses that links learning to action. Through the program, participants will gain practical skills in topics such as negotiation, marketing, and employee management that can immediately be put into practice. In addition, participants will receive the tools and professional support to develop a strategic and customized growth plan that will take their business to the next level. There is no cost to participate in the program. The 10,000 Small Businesses – Baltimore program is hosted in partnership with Babson College, Bloomberg Philanthropies and the Goldman Sachs Foundation.
As a small business owner, are you ready for what’s next? Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is designed for business owners who have a business poised for growth. We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business, creating jobs in their communities and who generally meet these criteria:
- Small business owner or small business co-owner
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues over $150,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Business with a minimum of four employees (including the owner)
Across the U.S., 10,000 Small Businesses graduates are increasing their revenues and creating new jobs in their communities:
- 69 percent reported increasing revenues just six months after graduating
- 48 percent reported creating new jobs just six months after graduating
- 85 percent are doing business with each other
- 99 percent completion rate
Source: Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses