The Chesapeake Food Leadership Council (CFLC) is sponsoring the Buy Local Challenge — a challenge to eat and serve at least one food from a local farmer every day — from July 19 to 27.
To participate, click here.
Additional ways to participate in the Buy Local Challenge:
- Engage other employees, executives, departments and Green Teams to personally take the pledge to eat local foods
- Eat at least one local certified organic vegetable or fruit a day.
- Eat at least one local meat or poultry item produced without antibiotics a day.
- Enter the Buy Local Challenge Photo Contest, “Take it to the Extreme.”
- Post pictures to the Buy Local Facebook page, or send photos and descriptions of your activities to CFLC’s Gina Navarro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track dollars spent on local foods during Buy Local Week for inclusion in the CFLC newsletter and send information to Gina Navarro at email@example.com