School 33 Art Center and the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts invite artists to submit artwork for consideration for the 17th annual Lotta Art, presented by Provident Bank. This lottery-style event raises funds for the support and growth of School 33 Art Center’s exhibitions and arts education programs.
New to this year’s event is the addition of a juried selection process for the submitted artwork and the relocation of the event to Silo Point, located at 1700 Beason St., Baltimore, Md. 21230. Furthermore, attendees can preview the selected artwork online at the newly-designed Web site as well as Silo Point beginning April 18-25. The deadline for submissions is March 20 by 5 p.m. Applications can be emailed. “Lotta Art” should be placed in the subject line for all application materials. Images that follow the same guidelines can be sent on CD to School 33 Art Center, located at 1427 Light St., prior to deadline date.
School 33’s selection committee will name three artists as “Best in Show.” Each selected artist will be awarded a solo exhibition at School 33 Art Center during the 2009-2010 exhibition season. Additionally, all participating artists will receive one free patron ticket for Lotta Art; the opportunity to purchase an additional discounted art ticket; a one-year membership to School 33; discounts on exhibition applications and art classes; and the opportunity to apply for Members’ Gallery solo exhibitions. Donated artwork is tax-deductible. Artists that have donated in the past are asked to continue support by donating in 2009.
Artists selected for inclusion will be notified by March 30. All selected artwork should be dropped off at School 33 Art Center no later than April 10. “Best in Show” prizes for solo exhibitions at School 33 Art Center will be announced during Lotta Art.
• Each artist can submit up to five works of art (plus one detail/piece) for consideration. Only one piece per artist will be selected for Lotta Art.
• Image files should be titled exactly as follows and numbered corresponding to the image description sheet (last_first1.jpg). Each image should be sized at least 72 dpi at approximately 1024 x 768 pixels.
• A typed image description list including image number, title, materials, dimensions and date should be completed. Please be sure to include artist’s name and contact information at the top of the page. Text files should be saved as Microsoft Word documents (last_first.doc).
• Submission must represent exact artwork available to donate for Lotta Art.
• All work must be securely framed and/or ready to hang or present.
• Artists must make all necessary arrangements for the delivery and pick up of their artwork.
School 33 Art Center is dedicated to providing opportunities for artists through exhibitions, art classes, workshops, a Studio Artist Program and special events. School 33 Art Center is a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and is supported in part by grants from the Mayor and the City Council of Baltimore, Provident Bank, Corrigan Sports/The Under Armour Baltimore Marathon, the Maryland State Arts Council and through private contributions to School 33 Art Center.