The CollegeBound Foundation is currently seeking individuals for two volunteer opportunities: scholarship reading and mentoring for college students.
Evaluate Scholarship Applications:
Scholarship readers evaluate scholarship applications submitted for CollegeBound’s $3 million scholarship portfolio. Each spring, CollegeBound receives hundreds of applications from Baltimore City Schools’ students for scholarships based on criteria including academic merit, community service, and resilience.
Scholarship Reader Commitment:
Attend a two hour in-person training. Review about 25 applications online between Thursday, March 12th, 2020 and Tuesday, April 21st, 2020. Applications can be read at home or anywhere with internet access. This is a highly rewarding, flexible commitment!
Mentor College Students:
Mentors play a vital role in the College Completion Program, helping scholars understand the value of a college degree and offering professional guidance.
- Commit to a minimum of one or two years (depending on whether you are paired with a junior or senior).
- Attend a mandatory mentor training in April.
- Attend a meet-and-greet with students in May.
- Check in by calling, texting, or emailing your mentee at least once every 2 weeks
- Meet with your mentee in person twice a year.
- Utilize your network to connect students with internships or employment.
For more information, contact Andrea Ledbetter at the College Bound Foundation at 410-783-2905 ext. 211.
Source: CollegeBound Foundation