CollegeBound is always looking for colleges and universities that want to extend their reach into our city to offer kids college opportunities.
Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, and Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pa., are great examples of schools that expressed a keen interest in working closely with CollegeBound to open a pipeline that would enable more of Baltimore’s students to explore their degree programs.
Both Bowdoin and Bucknell college admission staffs are earger to establish one-on-one working relationships with CollegeBound’s college advising specialists at the 22 Baltimore City high schools where the foundation operates a full-time college access program.
CollegeBound’s one-on-one and group advising program assists students with:
- college selection
- help filling out financial aid forms appropriately
- awarding, those eligible, critical last-dollar funding
- encouragement to take the SAT
- providing waivers for college access tests and applications
- funding, arranging and chaperoning day and overnight campus tour