Christine Aspell, Managing Partner, Baltimore Office, KPMG
Janet Currie, Bank of America
Staff: Lisa Byrd, email@example.com
Description: The Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board (BWAB) mission is to support, advance and retain women in the Baltimore market and ensure Baltimore emerges as a role model for equality in the workplace. BWAB is a GBC Committee that is made up of a member board and The Collective. The Collective are GBC member business leaders (women and men) who are not currently serving on the BWAB board. This strong network of thought leaders will help support the Board’s initiative of advancing and retaining women in the Baltimore market and ensuring Baltimore emerges as a role model for equality in the workplace.
BWAB’s key objectives include:
- Engaging with the Greater Baltimore Region business community to attract and retain female leaders in the market from diverse businesses and institutions.
- Providing mentorship to cultivate next generation leaders and sponsor their career development.
- Discussing emerging thought leadership topics.
- Networking with and supporting each other, personally and professionally.
- Providing connections to female entrepreneurs including access to capital and other necessary resources to make them successful.
- Ensuring that diversity remains a guiding principle for the group.
Membership: Participation on the Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board is by invitation/nomination only. The Collective is open to all GBC members.