The 90-day legislative session of the Maryland General Assembly began January 11 and runs through April 10.
Every year, the GBC Legislative Priorities serve as the foundation of our efforts in Annapolis and throughout the year. These priorities communicate to policymakers a roadmap for creating jobs and improving the business climate. For the 2017 legislative session, the priorities fall in six categories:
- Building and Strengthening the Workforce
- Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Advocating Growth-Oriented Transportation Policies
- Building a Competitive, Predictable and Fair Tax System
- Ensuring Public Safety to Protect Business Interests and Employees
- Promoting Tourism as an Economic Development Driver
Each of these categories has specific actions or recommendations that policymakers are urged to undertake. A look at the full 2017 GBC Legislative Priorities can be found here.