Greater Baltimore Committee president Donald C. Fry and 28 executives from GBC-member companies, including six GBC board members, are among business, government and civic leaders named to the transition teams of Governor-elect Martin O’Malley and Baltimore Mayor-designee Sheila Dixon.
GBC board member James L. Shea, managing partner of Venable LLP, is among 12 executives from GBC-member companies serving on the O’Malley transition team.
GBC vice chair Atwood “Woody” Collins III, president and COO of M&T Bank’s Mid-Atlantic Division, is co-chairing the Dixon transition team. He is among 16 executives from GBC-member companies on the team. Four other GBC board members on the Dixon team are: Kenneth R. Banks, president of Banks Contracting Co.; Robert C. Embry, Jr., president of the Abell Foundation; Laura L. Gamble, president of Bank of America Maryland; and William R. Roberts, president of Verizon Maryland, Inc.
Additionally, GBC vice president Devon Dodson is serving on the Dixon transition team.
Fry and Ronald R. Peterson, president of Johns Hopkins Health System, are serving on both transition teams.
In addition to Shea and Petersen, GBC members on the O’Malley transition team are:
• George Beall, partner, Hogan & Hartson LLP, and former U.S. Attorney for Maryland
• Richard O. Berndt, managing partner, Gallagher Evelius & Jones LLP
• Gary Gensler, treasurer, Baltimore Museum of Art
• Anwar Hasan, vice president, EA Engineering, Science & Technology, Inc.
• Joseph Haskins, Jr., chairman, president and CEO, Harbor Bank, and former GBC vice chair
• F. Michael Higginbotham, professor of law, University of Baltimore
• Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, president, UMBC
• Jon Laria, partner, Ballard, Spahr, Andrews & Ingersoll
• Doug Nelson, president, Annie E. Casey Foundation
• Dr. Steven S. Sharfstein, president and CEO, Sheppard Pratt Health System
Joining the five GBC board members on the Dixon transition team are the following executives from GBC-member companies:
• Percy Allen II, retired CEO, Bon Secours Baltimore Health System
• Priscilla Carroll, general counsel and senior development director, Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse, Inc.
• Laurence Katz, dean emeritus, University of Baltimore School of Law
• Joseph T. “Jody” Landers III, executive vice president, Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors
• Dr. Milli Pierce, president & CEO, Fund for Educational Excellence
• J. Scott Plank, senior vice president of retail, Under Armour;
• Scot T. Spencer, manager of Baltimore Relations, Annie E. Casey Foundation
• Chuck Tildon, vice president, marketing and communications, United Way of Central Maryland
• Mark Wasserman, senior vice president of external affairs, University of Maryland Health Systems
• Thurman Zollicoffer, attorney, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston, LLP
For more information on the O’Malley transition team:
For more information on the Dixon transition team: