GBC president and CEO Donald C. Fry and nine GBC members are among the “Power 20” honored by the Baltimore Business Journal for their business success and community contributions. GBC members on the Power 20 list are:
• Peter G. Angelos, head of the Law Offices of Peter G. Angelos and majority owner of the Baltimore Orioles;
• Anirban Basu, CEO, Sage Policy Group;
• David S, Cordish, president, The Cordish Companies;
• Atwood “Woody” Collins III, Mid-Atlantic region president, M&T Bank;
• Willard Hackerman, CEO, Whiting-Turner Company;
• Freeman A. Hrabowski, president, University of Maryland, Baltimore County;
• Dr. Edward D. Miller, CEO, Johns Hopkins Medicine; dean, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine;
• Mayo A. Shattuck III, chairman, president and CEO, Constellation Energy Group;
• Maurice B. Tosé, founder, president, and CEO, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Collins is currently the GBC’s immediate past chairman. Shattuck is also a current member of the GBC Board of Directors. Angelos, Hackerman, Hrabowski and Miller have all served on the GBC board.
The “Power 20” will be honored at a February 25 BBJ event at the Hilton Baltimore hotel from 5:30-7:30 p.m.