Experts will detail new options for employees to commute electronically at a special event, “TeleWork Baltimore,” hosted by the Greater Baltimore Committee, Baltimore Metropolitan Council and Maryland Department of Transportation. The event will be held at 7:30 a.m. December 1 at the Greater Baltimore Committee.
Commutes can be difficult and stressful for people who go to work the old-fashioned way. More people in the Baltimore region are discovering that work can come to them. Their commutes are easy. They just pick up their telephones and turn on their computers. They usually work from home. They are members of the 21st century workforce. They are teleworking.
Businesses are realizing bottom-line benefits that include:
- Improved employee retention;
- Reduced recruiting and training costs, competitive recruiting advantage;
- Reduced employee commute time, improved productivity;
- Decreased pressure, increased office space flexibility, reduced office space costs;
- Diminished parking needs; and
- Reduced overhead.
This event will address teleworking, its advantages, how it affects our region and employer’s responsibilities.