The Greater Baltimore Committee elected 10 new board members at the GBC’s Annual Meeting on May 7 at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore.
Elected to their first two-year terms on the GBC board of directors are:
- Scott Allison, senior vice president, Comcast, Maryland/Delaware/Richmond Region
- Thomas S. Bozzuto, chief executive officer, The Bozzuto Group
- Chester “Chet” Burrell, president & CEO, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Marilyn Carp, president & CEO, AEGON Direct Marketing Services, Inc.
- Louis R. Cestello, regional president, PNC Bank
- Mark R. Fetting, president & CEO, Legg Mason
- Stephanie C. Hill, director, Middle River/Baltimore, Lockheed Martin
- John Keenan, managing partner, KPMG LLP
- Samuel A. Schreiber, president, Wachovia Bank, N.A.
- Frederick M. Strader, president, AAI Corporation, chief operating officer, Textron Systems
Formed in 1955, the GBC applies the resources of the Baltimore region’s business and civic leaders to improving the business climate. The GBC played a key role in Baltimore’s acclaimed downtown “renaissance” during the 1960s and 70s and today focuses on nurturing business development in Baltimore City and the region’s counties.
The GBC’s current strategic priorities for the region include developing a regional transportation system; nurturing bioscience, life science and technology industry growth; strengthening minority and women-owned businesses in the region; preparing for growth from base realignment and closure (BRAC) and other economic development; and strengthening education resources in the region, to name a few.