The Daily Record has announced its 2017 Influential Marylanders, honoring 51 recipients who are leaving their mark throughout the state. Twenty-three recipients are GBC Board members, including GBC Board Chair Stephanie C. Hill, and from GBC member companies.
“This year’s Influential Marylanders demonstrate an impressive record of accomplishment, leadership and vision,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, Publisher of The Daily Record. “What they say is important, and what they do makes a difference in the lives of many in Maryland and beyond. The Daily Record is honored to recognize their accomplishments.”
The honorees were selected by the editors of The Daily Record for their significant contributions to their respective fields and for their leadership in Maryland in the following areas: civic leadership, communications, education, finance, freestyle, general business, health care, law, philanthropy, real estate and technology. Elected officials are not eligible for this award because they are by nature influential.
In addition, Michael Beatty, President of Beatty Development Group; Laura Gamble, Regional President of PNC; and Kathleen Murphy, President of Maryland Bankers Association, were named to the Circle of Influence. Influential Marylanders honorees who have been selected for the third and final time join the Circle of Influence.
The Daily Record launched Influential Marylanders in 2007.
Here are the GBC members named 2017 Influential Marylanders:
- Robert Embry, President, Abell Foundation
- Donna Hamilton, Anchor, WBAL-TV
- Diana Pelkey, Senior Vice President, Global Communications, Under Armour
- Dr. Janet Dudley-Eshbach, President, Salisbury University
- Dr. Kim Schatzel, President, Towson University
- Laura Gamble, Regional President, PNC
- William Stromberg, CEO, T. Rowe Price
- John Harbaugh, Head Coach, Baltimore Ravens
- Scott Burger, President, PANDORA
- Stephanie Hill, Vice President and General Manager, Lockheed Martin
- Michael Moore, CEO, Tradepoint Atlantic
- John Racanelli, CEO, National Aquarium
- Tim Regan, CEO, Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Ricky Smith, CEO of BWI Marshall Airport, Maryland Aviation Administration
- Neil Meltzer, President and CEO, LifeBridge Health
- Dr. Redonda Miller, President, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Courtney Capute, Partner in Charge, Venable LLP
- Donald Tobin, Dean, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- Michael Beatty, President, Beatty Development Group
- Patricia “Trish” Farrell, Vice President, MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services
- Adam Gross, Principal, Ayers Saint Gross
- Guy Filepelli, President and CEO, Red Owl Analytics
- John Wasilisin, President and CEO, TEDCO
See the full list here.
Source: The Daily Record