Greater Baltimore Committee President and CEO Donald C. Fry has been named a 2017 Icon by The Daily Record. Fry is one of the 26 Greater Baltimore business leaders to receive the honor.
In addition to Fry, 14 of the GBC Board of Directors members and individuals from GBC member companies also received the honor:
- Peter Angelos, Law Office of Peter Angelos
- Diane Bell-McKoy, Associated Black Charities
- Chet Burrell, CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Robert Caret, University System of Maryland
- Nancy S. Grasmick, Towson University, Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Karen-Ann Lichtenstein, The Coordinating Center
- Robert Manekin, JLL
- Neil Meltzer, LifeBridge Health
- Patricia J. Mitchell, The Center Club, GBMC Healthcare System
- Charlie Monk, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, LLP
- Dr. E. Albert Reece, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Kurt Schmoke, University of Baltimore
- Bill Struever, Cross Street Partners
- Larry Unger, Maryland Public Television
Winners were selected for their long-standing commitment to the Maryland business community and significant professional accomplishments through innovation and leadership, according to The Daily Record. Icon Honors recognizes Maryland business leaders, over the age of 60, for their notable success and demonstration of strong leadership within and outside their field.
This year’s winners will be recognized at an event December 19 at The Center Club. Learn more here.