The Greater Baltimore Committee elected 11 business leaders in the Baltimore region to its Board of Directors.
New GBC directors include CEOs from four capital management firms, three banks, Baltimore’s major league baseball team, the region’s largest utility company, a major developer and casino operator, and a leading corporate office investment trust.
Newly-elected to the GBC board at its 2013 Annual Meeting on May 8 in Baltimore were:
• Peter G. Angelos, chairman of board and CEO, Baltimore Orioles
• Calvin Barker, president, Baltimore Metro Region, BB&T
• Phil Clough, managing general partner, ABS Capital Partners
• David S. Cordish, chairman, The Cordish Company
• Kenneth W. DeFontes, president & CEO, BGE
• Laura Gamble, regional president, Greater Maryland, PNC
• J. P. Grant, president & CEO, Grant Capital Management, Inc.
• Michael D. Hankin, partner & CEO, Brown Advisory
• David J. Millman, Maryland and Baltimore Market President, Bank of America
• Joseph A. Sullivan, president & CEO, Legg Mason, Inc.
• Roger A. Waesche, Jr., president and CEO, Corporate Office Properties Trust (COPT)
The Greater Baltimore Committee is the region’s most prominent organization of business and civic leaders. Its board chairman is Brian C. Rogers, chairman and chief investment officer of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.
Formed in 1955, the GBC applies the resources of the Baltimore region’s businesses and civic organizations to improving the business climate. The GBC plays a key role in Baltimore’s continuing downtown “renaissance” and serves as a private-sector problem solver on issues that relate to the business climate in the region and state. The GBC is a visible, highly-credible advocate for government policies that generate job creation and strengthen Maryland’s competitiveness for business growth.