The Greater Baltimore Committee’s new Bridging the Gap Academy, a business accelerator for minority- and women-owned businesses, launched on Oct. 12.
The academy has 11 participants in ‘Continuing Your Growth,’ a robust four-week program to help business owners in the Greater Baltimore region.
The participants are:
- Sarah Attman, Sarah Rose Public Relations
- Alan Bowman, Bowman Construction
- Delali Dzirasa, Fearless Solutions
- Jennifer Hannum, Blue Heron Environmental
- Charles Jones, C&S Jones Group LLC
- Laurie Lessans, OGS Order Green Supply LLC
- Ernesco Oliver, BI, LLC
- Parth Patel, Intelect Corporation
- Rebecca Teaff, Redstart Creative
- Lisa Thompas, Maryland Speedy Tag and Title Service
- Keyia Yalcin, The Yalcin Group LLC
The following business professionals are teaching the following courses:
- Paul Taylor – Session 1: Your Business Plan, The Certification Checklist and Renewal, Networking
- Roger Barnes – Session 2: Access to Capital/Bonding
- Tiffany McGhee and Bradley Ryans – Session 3: Human Resource Management/Employee Benefits/Insurance
- Jetheda Hernandez and Anthony Butler, Esq. – Session 4: Strategic Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Contract Law
Business owners are participating as a cohort to gain valuable knowledge from an array of talented instructors who will help them start or grow their business.
The selection process was based on annual revenue, commitment and business experience.