On October 12, 1970, Howard Community College (HCC) opened its doors to students for the first time. October 12, 2020 marked HCC’s 50 year anniversary.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the occasion cannot be celebrated in person. However, HCC has launched a 50th Anniversary section of their website to share history and stories to allow the HCC community to celebrate 50 years of growth and success.
HCC has announced several ways to celebrate its 50th Anniversary:
- Visit the college website this week, where the focus is on the 50th anniversary, or take a closer look with the special 50th anniversary website – howardcc.edu/50.
- Participate in this week’s daily trivia contest on Facebook, where you may win decade-themed prizes and HCC gear.
- Stroll down memory lane with a special video showcasing current and former students and employees, or flip through a gallery of historical photographs used in the video.
- Read the work of Dr. Rosemary Williams and Professor Emeritus Vlad Marinich, who have written an ebook of HCC’s history.
- Spread the word about the 50th anniversary on social media accounts.
For more information, visit the Howard Community College website.
Source: Howard Community College