The City lacks an active, involved steering committee to provide direction and ensure accountability for IT projects.
Revive and expand the Information Technology Board (ITB) as a steering committee for the development and oversight of the City’s IT policies.
Estimated Annual Impact:
Cannot be Estimated
Estimated Implementation Costs:
Barriers to Implementation:
Review composition of the ITB and adjust membership to ensure appropriate representation. Convene, at a minimum, quarterly meetings.
Establishing a strong strategic IT department will only be successful if it is responsive and supportive of the departments it serves. Functions of the expanded ITB should include:
– Developing, reviewing, and updating a Citywide IT strategic plan;
– Maintaining an alignment between business and technology strategies;
– Establishing project priorities;
– Reviewing build versus buy decisions;
– Monitoring the status of key projects; and
– Reviewing of requests for technology funding and assistance.