The Greater Baltimore Committee is a regional, membership organization of more than 500 businesses, nonprofit organizations and educational and civic institutions. Members are located in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties.
The GBC’s mission is to improve the business climate of the Baltimore region by organizing its corporate and civic leadership to develop solutions to the problems that affect the region’s competitiveness and viability.
Since its founding in 1955, the GBC has sought to apply private sector leadership and resources to improve the region by identifying issues that are crucial to the region’s business growth and by playing an influential role in developing strategies and implementing action to create change. Opportunities abound for GBC members to expand their perspectives, build relationships and influence the business climate.
Through the GBC, members work with officials at the highest levels of state and local government as well as business leaders who are shaping the future of Central Maryland. Members lead by serving on committees that address issues of bioscience, education, energy, government contracting, health care, planning, small business, technology and transportation.
To become a member today, call 410-727-2820.
GBC 2015 Legislative Priorities
- Advancing a diverse, 21st century economy.
- Promoting entrepreneurship and fostering innovation.
- Strengthening and expanding our highly-skilled workforce.
- Ensuring strategic investments in Maryland’s infrastructure.
- Cultivating STEM education and career opportunities.
- Building a competitive and fair tax system.
- Increasing transparency and accountability.