As a GBC member, you can:
- Have the most influential business organization in the central Maryland region act as an independent advocate for your company and your issues. The GBC encourages members to bring forward specific concerns and problems.
- Get prompt and accurate information on state and federal legislation that affects your company’s success.
- Participate in numerous networking opportunities. The GBC signature events (Annual Meeting; Maryland General Assembly Legislative Forum; Economic Outlook Conference; Transportation Summit; Bridging the Gap Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit; Bridging the Gap Achievement Awards, Mayor’s Business Recognition Awards, Golf Classic and Newsmaker Speaker Series) are augmented by happy hours, symposia, and special programs.
Bridging the Gap Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit 2019 with keynote speaker Dr. Steve Robbins
- Drive specific agendas through committee work. Each of the GBC’s committees is working on a specific project or policy. Get involved and have your opinion heard.
- Committees to join: Economic Development, Education and Workforce, Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board*, Bridging the Gap, Bioscience, Health Care, Innovation and Technology, Transportation and Mobility, Public Safety* and Tourism, Entertainment and Culture* (*Member participation subject to approval)
- Increase your company’s name recognition through print and online advertising, listing in the member directory, listing in member news and event sponsorship.
- Mingle with opinion leaders through our “Newsmakers” series and committee work.
- Have all of your employees participate in GBC committees and events. The GBC encourages new members to get involved as much as possible.
- Be part of a vision to make this region the best environment in which to grow your business.
Navigator Program: This service is available exclusively for members to get the necessary assistance navigating local and state government agencies and services. Submit requests here or contact the GBC at 410-727-2820.
For more information about membership benefits or to join, call 410-727-2820.