Representatives from Merritt Properties and Centric Business Systems were joined Oct. 5 by Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz to celebrate the completion of Centric’s new 39,000-square-foot headquarters building in Owings Mills. The ribbon cutting ceremony included remarks by County Executive Kamenetz, Centric Business Systems President Rick Bastinelli and Merritt Properties Director of Leasing Lou Boeri.
“As two companies that have both been based in the area for more than 40 years and share a similar business philosophy, it was a pleasure for Merritt to partner with Centric in creating a new home for their business,” remarked Boeri.
Located at 10702 Red Run Boulevard, the single-story, build-to-suit project was constructed on a 5.7 acre lot within Merritt’s Owings Mills business park. The lot and building will be jointly owned by Merritt Properties and Bastinelli. Centric Business Systems will be the sole tenant while Merritt Properties will serve as managing partner.
“It’s gratifying to see a successful Baltimore County business growing here and positioning itself for future expansion,” said Kamenetz. “This new green corporate headquarters is a good fit in the Owings Mills business community.”
The building, which includes corporate offices, a product showroom and warehouse space, is slated for LEED® Gold certification from the US Green Building Council. Specific green elements incorporated in the project include:
- Enhanced building envelope through the use of improved roof and wall sections and high-performance glass.
- Water-efficient restroom fixtures and self-metering faucets that reduce water demand by approximately 40%.
- High efficient VRF (variable refrigerant flow) heating and cooling system.
- Solar Power- 24kW photovoltaic array located on roof.
- Carbon dioxide monitoring system to enhance indoor air quality.
- Low- to no VOC materials to reduce the possibility of indoor air pollutants.
- Preferred parking for hybrid and carpool vehicles.
- Green housekeeping.
- Use of FSC-certified wood.
- Landscaping with reduced turf areas and drought-tolerant plants to reduce irrigation needs.
- T5 lighting with occupant sensors.
- Green power purchase.
Merritt Construction Services, a division of Merritt Properties, completed the shell construction and interior build-out in just five months.
Source: Merritt Properties