On May 26, 2021, members of the GBC Next Up program’s 2021 cohort came together virtually for “Lunch on Leadership – Post-Pandemic Leadership: Pivoting for Success” with Trif Alatzas, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of The Baltimore Sun and GBC Board Member.
The discussion explored the challenges and opportunities facing senior leaders in the post-pandemic era and the fast-paced change that is happening all around us — including how the pandemic has hit everyone hard, but many groups have suffered in unique ways.
Other areas of conversation included:
- The momentous paradigm shift often defined as the ‘digital transformation’
- The impact of social media on reporting and the editorial board
- Maximizing trust between the media and its readership
- The impact of a 24/7 news world on journalism
- Managing mental health stress among employees
- Ways to ensure that diversity, equity and inclusive practices and environments are in the workplace