The Greater Baltimore Committee has launched a new service available exclusively for members to help navigate city and county government agencies and services, and connect members with an appropriate contact that can assist with regulatory issues affecting business operations.
Sophia Silbergeld, the GBC’s Director of Membership and Member Relations, heads the GBC’s new Ombudsman Program.
GBC members can contact Ms. Silbergeld for assistance on issues such as:
- Government permitting and licensing.
- Identifying appropriate city or county elected representatives to contact regarding member business concerns.
- Helping to identify proper city or county department/agency contacts to resolve government service issues.
- Facilitating contacts and discussions between businesses and other organizations and local community leaders.
- Serve as knowledgeable “trouble shooter” to help spur government inaction or stalled process.
- This Ombudsman Program is only available in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties.