The Red Cross of Central Maryland will honor nine individuals and corporations for extraordinary community service at its “Hometown Heroes” celebration on March 31 at Martin’s West, 6817 Dogwood Road, in Woodlawn.
Honorees for working in extraordinary ways to help others and for making the community a better place are:
- Chairman’s Award – Dr. Carole Miller
- Community Impact – Robert Cradle
- Corporate Citizen -TBC Advertising
- Fire Fighter – Jeff Novack
- Gift of Life-Corporation – Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Global Citizen – Wegmans
- Life Achievement – William T. Riley, Jr.
- Military – Brigadier General Allyson R. Solomon
- Volunteerism-Elaine Welkie Women’s Leadership Award – Lynne Brick
The program begins with a 5:30 p.m. reception, followed by the awards program. Humanitarian Joe Ehrmann, a former Baltimore Colts great, will be the keynote speaker. Awards will be presented by WMAR-TV anchor Charlie Crowson.
For more information or to become a sponsor, call Linnea Anderson at 410-624-2081.