Whiteford Taylor & Preston LLP is gratified to announce the firm’s Product Liability group has been ranked in the top tier nationally by U.S. News & World Report‘s rankings of law firms.Only 32 firms nationwide received this recognition.
“To be ranked at the very highest level by U.S. News is a testament to the quality of the lawyers in our products liability group,” Martin Fletcher, the firm’s managing partner, said. “What makes it especially gratifying is that the group is also one of the most diverse in the nation. It includes Harry Johnson, the first (and so far, only) African American president of the Maryland State Bar Association, and Thurman Zollicoffer, a former city solicitor for Baltimore.
“The group’s co-chair is Warren Weaver, a member of the board of directors of the Maryland General Health Systems, Maryland General Hospital and the Maryland General Community Health Foundation. We extend our hearty congratulations to the entire team.”
About “Best Law Firms” Rankings
The U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process. Direct quotes from clients and others to whom the researchers spoke can be read here.
About the firm
The 160 attorneys at Whiteford, Taylor & Preston are dedicated to helping our clients grow their businesses through strategic legal counsel. We serve our clients in the region, across the nation and around the globe from our base of eight offices in Maryland, Delaware, Michigan, Washington, D.C. and Virginia.
• Warren N. Weaver, 1982, Co-Chair and partner with extensive trial and appellate experience in product liability and mass torts, including national coordinating counsel for 20,000 asbestos cases.
• Gardner M. Duvall, 1986, Co-Chair and partner experienced in product liability defense, product safety counseling, business litigation, fiduciary liability and appellate practice.
• Harry S. Johnson, 1979, Partner, experienced in products liability, mass torts, general insurance defense; former President of the Maryland State Bar Association; member, Standing Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure, Court of Appeals of Maryland.
• Terrence M.R. Zic, 1989, Partner, experienced in products liability, mass torts and general insurance defense.
• Thurman Zollicoffer Jr., 1988, Partner, experienced in products liability defense, lemon law/breach of warranty and consumer fraud.
• Kathleen S. Corpus, 2000, Partner, focused on complex asbestos and toxic tort litigation, particularly discovery.
• Albert J. Mezzanotte Jr., 1981, Partner, a distinguished litigator and immediate past chairman of the firm
• Dale B. Garbutt, 1975, Partner, experienced in products liability, transportation and general insurance defense
• Dennis M. Robinson Jr., 2002, Partner with extensive litigation experience; recognized among “Baltimore’s Legal Elite” by Baltimore SmartCEO magazine.
• Dwight W. Stone II, 1993, Partner, with broad-based trial and appellate experience.
• Michelle Noorani, 2000, Counsel with extensive product liability experience
• Lynn M. Gallagher, 1984, Counsel, experienced in environmental law, particularly environmental litigation and FIFRA data compensation disputes.
• Keith L. Arnold, 1985, Counsel, practice focused exclusively on products liability litigation
• Anna Schultz Kelly, 2005, Associate focused on litigation; recognized as a “Rising Star” by Maryland Super Lawyers
• Danielle G. Marcus, 2002, Associate, focused on products liability and mass tort litigation.
• Nicholas E. Johansson, 2002, Associate and litigator, with experience in environmental exposure litigation
• Peter W. Sheehan Jr., 2008, Associate focused primarily on products liability defense