The University of Maryland School of Law and Whiteford, Taylor & Preston, LLP will host Emerging Issues in Food and Drug Law: A National Conference for Lawyers, Policy-Makers, and Corporate Leaders on November 16, at the Unviersity of Maryland School of Law in Baltimore.
Keynote speakers will include Dr. Andrew C. von Eschenbach, former commissioner of Food and Drugs, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and Jeffrey M. Senger, Esq., deputy chief counsel, U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
It is a critical time in the food and drug industry and within the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA or the Agency). New regulators, policymakers and industry leaders are engaged in intense policy debates that will shape the face of food and drug law for decades to come. Join regulators, industry leaders and legal experts in a day-long conference dedicated to emerging issues in food and drug law.
Other speakers include:
• Sheldon Bradshaw, Esq., partner, Hunton & Williams (former FDA Chief Counsel)
• Gerald F. Masoudi, Esq., partner, Covington & Burling LLC (former FDA Chief Counsel)
• Elizabeth H. Dickinson, Esq., associate chief counsel for Drugs, Office of the Chief Counsel, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• Brian Wolfman, Esq., Institute for Public Representation, Georgetown University Law Center (formerly of Public Citizen & Counsel for respondent in Wyeth v. Levine)
• Erika Lietzan, Esq., partner, Covington & Burling LLP
• Robert A. Dormer, Esq., partner, Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C.
• Bruce Lehman, Esq., senior counsel, Whiteford Taylor & Preston, LLP (former Commissioner of Patents & Trademarks)