It’s hard to believe Vehicles for Change has been in existence for nearly 13 years. As we close another chapter in our history (VFC’s 2012 fiscal year ended on June 30), we can look back and proudly say VFC reached new heights in 2012.
You helped make these accomplishments possible:
- VFC provided 465 families with reliable automobiles. This is the second highest number of cars awarded in VFC history.
- Walk in Their Shoes, a successful new program that provided local dignitaries a chance to experience what life would be like without a car, was unveiled in both Baltimore and D.C.
- VFC welcomed Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, publisher of the Daily Record, to our board of directors.
- Three incredible members were added to the VFC team: Jen Harrington, Marketing Director; Sonja Eccleston, Donations Coordinator and Freedom Wheels Marketing Coordinator; and Marneisha Freeland, Finance Manager.
- VFC secured a contract with the Maryland Department of Human Resources to award 100 cars across the state.
- A Federal Transit Administration grant was renewed, which will allow us to award 280 cars in Northern Virginia.
- VFC began conducting a feasibility study to evaluate Freedom Wheels’ ability to expand its sales operations.
- VFC launched a new Web site and social media presence.
Whether it’s by commenting on our Facebook page or donating a vehicle, your commitment to VFC continues to inspire. Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to seeing what the future brings!
Marty Schwartz, president, VFC